Design Systems, Inc.
Farmington Hills, MI
Full Time Layout Engineer/modeler
- Update overall 3D layout for various manufacturing facilities.
- Coordinate 3D file requirements with various vendors to ensure master 3D layout is accurate.
- Model “smart assets” to be inserted in the master layout.
- 3D model of facility equipment including, but not limited to, building steel, process equipment, utility piping, HVAC, buss ducts/ plugs/ cable trays, conveyors, manufacturing equipment, station layout equipment, line side displays.
- 3D model from point clouds files.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience utilizing Inventor, Revit, and Edgewise software.
- Experience in an automotive manufacturing facilities.
- Interpersonal, oral, and written/electronic communication skills enabling interaction with all levels of the organization.
- Analytical ability and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, plan, and execute projects.
- Comfort in effectively organizing and leading meetings/workshops.
- Adept at working efficiently and constructively with multiple customers/programs.
- Familiarity/Experience with Navisworks, LeicaTrueView, and Microsoft Office software.
- College degree or equivalent experience and training.
- Working knowledge of CAD standards and processes.
- 5+ years 3D layout experience utilizing AutoCAD Inventor, Revit and/ or FactoryCAD
- 3+ years of construction, installation experience in Press, Body, Paint Maintenance, GA, Casting, Engine, or Transmission facilities.
- Ability to travel out of town if required.
- Microsoft Office
- Factory CAD
- Ability to Travel
- Valid Driver’s License
- Personal Credit Card
To apply for this job please visit dsidsc.applicantpro.com.