Design Systems, Inc.
The Building Information Model (BIM) 2D/3D Specialist Position will work as part of a team dedicated to create and maintain 2D/3D Manufacturing Facility Layouts or otherwise known as BIM models using Autodesk suite tools to support launch activities. BIM creation is a collaborative effort between Manufacturing Planning & Control, Manufacturing Engineering, and Material Logistics organizations.
- This position will require interaction with both corporate and plant personnel to coordinate various aspects of the Virtual Assembly portfolio, including:
- Lead coordination of project data management including weekly tracking reports for model accuracy, project status, file management, and issue documentation through Sharedrives, FTP, and standard libraries.
- Coordination of BIM assetbased workflow and CAD deliverables along the phases of the launch life cycle between stakeholders in Manufacturing Engineering, Material Handling, and various suppliers.
- Modeling of stationlevel content through use of existing library objects to capture future state.
- Update and maintain 2D/3D library models (assets).
- Export and deliver 2D/3D files weekly to ME facility team to aggregate into an overall master model which is published weekly.
- Drives layouts and maintains updates to support the Digital Station Reviews (Digital Mockup’s) with all key stakeholders. Identifies interferences and layout issues with facilities, material handling, and structural models in the virtual setting and document issues accordingly.
- Apply World Class Technology & Digital Manufacturing Validation lean principles to facility layout design.
- Coordination with simulation teams to ensure layout files are available for virtual analysis.
- Converts models and drawings into planning models for contractor setup/ scope of work.
- Proficient interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a crossfunctional team
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Architecture Design, or relevant field/work experience.
- Proficiency with Autodesk Product Design & Manufacturing Collection tools such as AutoCAD, Inventor, Navisworks, Recap, Factory Design Utilities.
- Proficient in MS Office/Google suite applications;
- Strong skills in Computer Aided Design (CAD).
- Creative problem solving ability and results oriented
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Project
- AutoCAD (general knowledge)
Minimum Education Requirement
- Ability to Travel
- Valid Driver’s License
- Personal Credit Card
To apply for this job please visit dsidsc.applicantpro.com.