Design Systems, Inc.
Farmington Hills, MI
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of ten years of engineering experience
- Minimum of five years of Value Stream Mapping
- Must demonstrate excellent leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Possess mentoring and training skills
- Possess entrepreneurial qualities and a focus on growth in the industrial engineering market and corporate engineering service offerings.
- High level of analytical and logical problem-solving ability
- Plan and implement Lean innovative solutions in areas including operations, material flow, warehouse management, distribution network design, industrial material handling processes / systems
- Facilitate VSM workshops across multiple industries including C- Suite level involvement
- Intimately familiar with Yamazumi Charts, Modapts Studies, Process Level Value Stream Maps and Kaizen Journal.
- Ability to review and improve operational characteristics of a manufacturing process
- Ability to review and implement process changes into a facility’s operation
- Able to revise labor assignments to reflect process and/or element changes
- Experience with the identification of bottlenecks and throughput issues and propose/implement corrective actions
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Project
- Pro Planner (not required but is a plus)
- AutoCAD is a plus
- Other: MS Access
- Ability to Travel
- Valid Passport
- Valid Driver’s License
To apply for this job please visit dsidsc.applicantpro.com.