Design Systems, Inc.
South Bend, IN
- Function as the focal point for all field coordination
- Chair weekly field coordination meetings
- Monitor contractor schedule compliance
- Monitor contractor quality assurance
- Monitor contractor safety compliance
- Collect, analyze and file contractor daily reports
- Control site logistics – site access & laydown areas
- Facilitate functional and safety buy-off
- Assess completion for invoicing
- Develop punch lists and drive to completion
- Perform engineering duties in planning, designing, and overseeing construction and maintenance of building structures, and facilities such as roads, railroads, pipelines, power plants, water and sewage systems, and waste disposal units.
- Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications and safety or sanitation standards.
- Direct construction, operations, and maintenance activities at project site.
- Direct or participate in surveying to lay out installations and establish reference points, grades, and elevations to guide construction.
- Drafting, Laying Out, and Specifying Technical Devices, Parts, and Equipment– Providing documentation, detailed instructions, drawings, or specifications to tell others about how devices, parts, equipment, or structures are to be fabricated, constructed, assembled, modified, maintained, or used.
- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates; providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates.
- Documenting/Recording Information — Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic form.
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
Skills and Experience Required: (List Total Years and Special Skills Required)
- Preferred- Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Strong Civil Engineering background required
- Ten (10) years’ experience in Construction field (Preferred)
- Three (3) years’ experience in Automotive (Preferred)
- Two (2) years’ experience with General Motors’ projects (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Project
- Contract Manager
- Willing to work night or split shift
To apply for this job please visit dsidsc.applicantpro.com.