Design Systems, Inc.
Farmington Hills, MI
This individual will work with project teams and is expected to help manage medium sized projects, coordinate groups of people and resolve complex engineering problems. Individual is also expected to have experience in implementing conveyor systems and providing project management direction.
- Assist in Managing process engineering, OEM suppliers engineering & fabrication, and field installation contracts
- Assist in preparing engineering estimates and performance specifications for obtaining process engineering service contracts
- Assist in preparing engineering estimates for fabrication & installation of conveyor, tooling & material handling systems
- Help review project milestone schedules for equipment fabrication & installation
- Travel to fabrication & integration shops and plant sites as required to ensure fabrication & installation requirements are met
- Provide technical support for installation & start-up of conveyor and tooling systems
- Help monitor project progress to schedule & develop strategies to meet targets & provide management reports
- Review shop drawings to ensure compliance with technical specifications and maintainability & quality objectives
- Help coordinate field changes & prepare appropriate documentation
- Attend contractor & Plant meetings as required to maintain project coordination
- AutoCad layout and detailing of conveyor equipment
- Help monitor contractor to compliance to safety standards.
- Capable of laying out and designing conveyor systems.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 3 year’s conveyor engineering experience
- This position requires construction management experience as well as design experience
- Familiarity with Inverted Power & Free, Air-B-Dip, Overhead Power & Free and 2 strand conveyors
- Travel up to 50%
- Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel
- Valid driver’s license
- Personal Credit Card
To apply for this job please visit dsidsc.applicantpro.com.