Conveyor – Project Engineer
Design Systems, Inc.
Farmington Hills, MI
This individual will work with project teams and is expected to be the lead on all conveyor engineering related items.
- Assist in Managing process engineering, OEM suppliers engineering & fabrication, and field installation contracts
- Assist in preparing engineering estimates and performance specifications for obtaining process engineering service contracts
- Assist in preparing engineering estimates for fabrication & installation of conveyor, tooling & material handling systems.
- Detailed understanding of chain pulls, cycle times, through put, and cording studies.
- Support steel and screen guard layout engineering
- Help review project milestone schedules for equipment fabrication & installation
- Travel to fabrication & integration shops and plant sites as required to ensure fabrication & installation requirements are met
- Provide technical support for installation & start-up of conveyor and tooling systems
- Help monitor project progress to schedule & develop strategies to meet targets & provide management reports
- Review shop drawings to ensure compliance with technical specifications and maintainability & quality objectives
- Help coordinate field changes & prepare appropriate documentation
- Attend contractor & Plant meetings as required to maintain project coordination
- AutoCad layout and detailing of conveyor equipment
- Help monitor contractor to compliance to safety standards.
- Capable of laying out and designing conveyor systems.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 3 year’s conveyor engineering experience
- This position requires construction management experience as well as design experience
- Familiarity with Power & Free, Air-B-Dip, CDLR, friction drive, monorails, AGV’s and 2 strand conveyors.
- Ability to layout conveyor, support steel, and screen guard.
- Conveyor health inspections
- Cycle time, chain pull, and other engineering studies
- Ability to do long term travel (if necessary) a plus.
- Microsoft Office
- Ability to Travel
- Valid Driver’s License
- Personal Credit Card
To apply for this job please visit dsidsc.applicantpro.com.