Electrical and Controls Project Engineer – 0503
Design Systems, Inc.
Farmington Hills, MI
- Design of Electrical/ Controls systems from customer requirements and
- Develop Bid drawing packages.
- Develop Electrical scopes of
- Field Checking; 3D scanning, Drone piloting and data
- Review concept or existing engineered systems and provide calculations to support
- Perform power studies and Arc Flash Studies.
- On-site issue coordination and resolution, punch listing, chair coordination meetings, track and monitor progress schedule(s),
- Resolve engineering issues through all engineering disciplines, communicate and resolve
- Assist with on-site Engineering Meetings to facilitate all Engineering responsibilities and to support Customer for schedule.
- Continue training and adding to knowledge.
- Perform on site support and expertise with regards to PLC, and Controllogix
- Perform specification reviews for the purpose of developing installation plans for new equipment, and/ or modification of existing equipment within manufacturing facilities.
- Willing to eventually, Review and Stamp engineered drawings and reports related to the equipment.
- Willing to eventually, perform engineering reviews and prepare documents for clients who require assistance in receiving ESA
- willing to eventually, perform area classifications (ie. Paint booth division and zone from area to area)
- Provide Site supervision/ support for equipment assessments, installation, commissioning and start.
- Willing to get a Visa to work in the US and support our US office when needed.
- Bid package development.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 2-5 years experience working as an Engineer.
- Licensed Professional Engineer as a EIT (Engineer In training) not required but plans to become and complete.
- Manufacturing/ Industrial Facility Experience – Design, operation, maintenance, is an asset.
- Previous proven experience in performing any safety reviews, creating reports required, and meeting regulatory requirements an asset.
- Familiar with PLC change over to ControlLogix – PLC program writing and/ or editing required.
- General knowledge of Conveyor equipment, sorters, and all associated controls systems
- Inventor and AutoCAD 2D and hopefully 3D skills
- Willing and eager to learn and be taught beyond stated job duties; flexibility,
- Confident, hardworking and looking for a long term
- Loyal, confident,
- Experience performing Studies for Power, Arc Flash.
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Project
- Inventor (2D/3D)
Minimum Education Required:
- EIT or plans
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to travel
- personal credit card
To apply for this job please visit dsidsc.applicantpro.com.