Design Systems, Inc.
- Provide Mechanical or Electrical engineering direction and expertise in design.
- Provide engineering design expertise in the development of engineered solutions dealing with HVAC, Piping Systems, Structural and automation.
- Available to travel to sites as required; potential for short- and long-term assignments.
- Coordinate with customer and site personnel.
- Conduct, lead and follow up for on-site meetings as required and requested.
- Provide weekly status report to Project Manager
- Review drawings or calculations and provide the necessary corrections.
- Travel to OEM vendor sites to review systems
- Act as Lead and Perform risk assessments in development of Pre-Start Health and Safety Reviews
- Typical work week 7am to 3:30pm, Mon- Fri (40 hrs.)
Skills and Experience Required:
- Familiarity with the operational areas within auto assembly plants; Body-in-White (BIW), Paint shop, General Assembly (GA).
- 10+ years of experience within the Automotive, Construction, or Engineering field.
- 5+ years of experience with performing Pre-Start Health and Safety Reviews, including provision of professionally stamped final reports.
- Needs to be confident, well organized, professional and capable to complete a project
- Preferably someone who is a no non-sense, “get the job done” type person.
- Familiarity with production systems is a great asset; conveyors, presses, tooling etc.
- Needs to be hungry, ambitious, and have future vision.
- Needs to be respectful, courteous, and loyal.
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Project
- 3D Modeling an asset
Minimum Education Required:
- Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Structural Engineering
- Professional Engineer Designation – Required
- Ability to Travel
- Valid Driver’s License
- Personal Credit Card
- Valid Passport
To apply for this job please visit dsidsc.applicantpro.com.