Design Systems, Inc.
Spring Hill, TN
This individual is expected to manage medium sized projects, coordinate groups of people and resolve complex engineering problems. Individual is also expected to have experience in implementing conveyor and Tooling systems and providing project management direction.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering & Product Engineering to ensure manufacturing & assembly requirements are met
- Assist in Managing process engineering, OEM suppliers engineering & fabrication, and field installation contracts
- Assist in preparing engineering estimates and performance specifications for obtaining process engineering service contracts
- Assist in preparing engineering estimates for fabrication & installation of conveyor, tooling & material handling systems
- Review project milestone schedules for equipment fabrication & installation
- Travel to fabrication & integration shops and plant sites as required to ensure fabrication & installation requirements are met
- Provide technical support for installation & start-up of conveyor and tooling systems
- Monitor project progress to schedule & develop strategies to meet targets & provide management reports
- Review shop drawings to ensure compliance with technical specifications and maintainability & quality objectives
- Coordinate field changes & prepare appropriate documentation
- Attend contractor & Plant meetings as required to maintain project coordination
- Knowledge of AutoCAD detailing of equipment and conveyors.
- Knowledge of Factory CAD layouts of conveyors
- Develop scope of engineering services to provide design for structural and mechanical elements as required to support installation of tools and equipment.
- Monitor contractor to compliance to GM safety standards.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience (Preferred not required)
- Experience in the design, fabrication, & installation of equipment and conveyor systems
- Experience in coordinating design & construction activities – preferably in automotive assembly plants
- Experience with several types of conveyor systems & technologies
- Experience working with Construction Managers
- Knowledge of construction safety standards
- High level of written & oral communication skills
- High level of interpersonal skills & ability to work with all levels of GM and contractor staffs
- High level of analytical ability to resolve difficult problems
- Capable of independent judgment
- Knowledge of tooling and equipment i.e. Fluid fill, Glass cell, DVT, Articulating Arms, Plant floor systems
- Preferred – Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Strong Mechanical Equipment and Conveyor background is a plus
Experience (Preferred not required):
- Five (5) years’ experience in Equipment and Conveyor Mechanical Engineering
- Three (3) years’ experience in Automotive
- Two (2) years’ experience with General Motors’ projects
GM Training Requirements:
- Site Safety Orientation, Site specific training (as required), GM1638 – GM T&C, PMP, CCP, CSP, M.U.S.T., Contract Manager
Willing to work night or split shift
To apply for this job please visit dsidsc.applicantpro.com.