Design Systems, Inc.
Orion Twp, MI
- Manage Site Construction Safety Program
- Review contractor’s Safety Program
- Review contractor’s Pre-task plan
- Oversee contractor’s Safety Orientations
- Oversee drug testing program
- Monitor contractor’s safety performance
- Assist with incident investigation & corrective action
- Project Team resource for safety issues
- Create safety portion of contractor information manual
- Participate in safety Buy-off process
Skills and Experience Required:
- OSHA Certified (30-hour course) (Minimum)
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) (Preferred)
- Has all necessary Safety Training to meet Federal & State environmental Health & Safety requirements
- Experience working with contractors.
- Demonstrated leadership in complex Safety and Industrial Hygiene, Contractor Safety, Engineering in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with General Motors Safety programs and systems (Preferred)
- Demonstrated leadership skills in the areas of building relationships being collaborative, decisive, innovative, inspirational, and visionary.
- Leadership competencies and the ability to communicate effectively at all organizational levels.
- Communicating effectively
Experience (Preferred not required):
• Five (5) years’ experience in Construction management.
• Three (3) years’ experience in Automotive.
• Two (2) years’ experience with General Motors’ projects
CRITICAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Ability to Deal with Ambiguity
• Effectively cope with change
• Can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
· Ability to set objectives and goals
· Breaks down work into process steps
· Develops schedules and task/people assignments
· Ability to anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks
Learning on the Fly:
· Learns quickly when facing new projects/problems
· Relentless and versatile learner
· Open to change
Drive for Results:
· Knows how to get things done both through formal channels and informal network
· Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully
· Steadfastly pushes themselves and others to achieve team goals
· Builds constructive and effective relationships through diplomacy and tact
· Relates well to all kinds of people throughout the organization
· Can diffuse high tension situations comfortably
· Effective in a variety or formal presentation settings. One on One, small groups, large groups, with peers, direct reports and bosses
· Spends their time and time of others on what’s important, quickly zeros in on critical issues And quickly senses what will help or hinder accomplishing goals
· Microsoft Office
· Contract Manager or BIM 360 (Preferred)
· Willing to work night or split shift
· Valid driver’s license
To apply for this job please visit dsidsc.applicantpro.com.