Design Systems, Inc.
Provide leadership to the Site Safety Contract Management Performance Standard E-Leads, Site SCM Champions, GM Contract Managers, and local Contractor Leadership in the execution and successful implementation of Safety Contract Management Performance Standard.
CUSTOMERS AND CUSTOMER EXPECTATIONS:
Customers: Site Safety Contract Management Performance Standard Champion, Site Manufacturing Engineering Manager, Site Facilities Area Manager, Site Safety Leaders, Site Environmental Engineers, Site and Headquarters Contract Managers, Local Contractor Leaders.
Expectations: Develop project strategy for the execution and implementation of the Safety Contract Management Performance Standard.
This position directly reports to the Global Workplace Safety, GMNA Safety Contract Management Execution Leader and indirectly reports to the Site Manufacturing Engineering Manager for your assigned location. You will have the responsibility for assisting the Site Safety Contract Management Performance Standard champion in the implementation of the Safety Contract Management Performance Standard.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIREMENTS:
Prior to assignment the candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Experience working with contractors.
- Demonstrated leadership in complex Safety and Industrial Hygiene, Contractor Safety, Engineering in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with General Motors Safety programs and systems is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in the areas of building relationships being collaborative, decisive, innovative, inspirational, and visionary.
- Leadership competencies and the ability to communicate effectively at all organizational levels and across the globe.
- Influences diverse constituencies
- Communicating Effectively
- Degree in Safety or Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Controls) is required
- Certified Safety Professional or Professional Engineer is Desired
- Develop project strategy for the execution and implementation of the Safety Contract Management (SCM) Performance Standard for assigned location(s)
- Attend required SCM Site Work Out sessions
- Build a relationship with the Site SCM Performance Standard Champion
- Mentor, teach and coach Site SCM E-Leads, GM Site SCM Champions, GM Contract managers and local contractor leader(s) to raise their capability to execute standard requirements.
- Help GM Contract Managers with gaining access to the ISN system and how to use the system to provide oversite to contractors.
- Review Contractor Safety Plan compliance and mentor Local Contractor Leader(s) and GM Contract Managers on Safety Plan expectations at the site level.
- Mentor customers on the elements of the Pre- Task Planning process: Task Risk Evaluations, Job Safety Analysis, and the Worker Safety Engagement Process.
- Assist Service Providers in their understanding of the Critical Task Analysis process.
- Assess GM equipment use and established variances.
- Establish Contractor Evaluations and GM Evaluations
CRITICAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
Ability to Deal with Ambiguity
– Effectively cope with change
– Can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
– Ability to set objectives and goals
– Breaks down work into process steps
– Develops schedules and task/people assignments
– Ability to anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks
Learning on the Fly:
– Learns quickly when facing new projects/problems
– Relentless and versatile learner
– Open to change
Drive for Results:
– Knows how to get things done both through formal channels and informal network
– Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully
– Steadfastly pushes themselves and others to achieve team goals
– Builds constructive and effective relationships through diplomacy and tact
– Relates well to all kinds of people throughout the organization
– Can diffuse high tension situations comfortably
– Effective in a variety or formal presentation settings. One on One, small groups, large groups, with peers, direct reports and bosses
– Spends their time and time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on critical few
Quickly senses what will help or hinder accomplishing goals
Minimum Education Required:
- Microsoft Office
- Willing to work night or split shift
- Ability to travel
- Personal Credit Card
- Valid Driver’s license
To apply for this job please visit dsidsc.applicantpro.com.