Design Systems, Inc.
- Support assigned plant in the capacity, but not limited to, re-scrolling, mid-cycle action, line speeds objectives, plant volume changes, throughput initiatives and platform variant implementations.
Process and Studies
- Develop standard time studies using either MODAPTS, MOST or MTM-UAS based upon the
- standards used at the plant being supported.
- Implement process changes into the plants operation
- Able to revise MODAPTS, MOST or MTM-UAS studies, as applicable, to reflect process and/or
- element changes
- Able to revise manpower assignment to reflect process and/or element changes
- Able to revise Standard Work Instruction to reflect process and/or element changes
- Identify any bottlenecks and throughput issues and implement corrective actions
- Identify Non-value and unbalance activities and implement corrective actions
- Optimization of station operations
Material and Process Changes
- Analyze all new and/or revised process sheets at the element level to determine changes
- Identify, revise and implement all Standard Work Instructions affected by a process change.
- Identify, revise and implement material routings due to process changes
- Able to development and implement line side material placement
- Update station operation with new process information
- Identify and track new and/or replacement parts
- Capture changes to line operation
- Maintain scroll revisions
Productivity and Manpower Assignments
- Identify and develop productivity plans
- Identify, plan, implement and ensure sustainability of rebalancing opportunities
- Work with plant IE’s with station optimization
- Work with plant IE’s with line balancing
- Work with other departments to ensure material handling, Quality, Ergonomic and Safety
- practices are in place for station readiness
- Support Plant IE as directed with daily operation
- Provide weekly status report to IE Manager on site
- Revise department documentations as directed
- Provide weekly timesheet for IE Management approval
Skills and Experience Required:
- Needs to be familiar with at least one of the operational areas within an assembly plants;
- Body-in-White (BIW), Paint shop, Trim-Chassis-Final (TCF), Indirect Labor/Sequencing/Kitting
- 5+ years of experience within the Industrial Engineering field.
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Project
Minimum Education Required:
- Ability to Travel
- Valid Driver’s License
- Personal Credit Card
To apply for this job please visit dsidsc.applicantpro.com.