Design Systems, Inc.
This individual is expected to manage major projects, supervise or coordinate groups of people and
Resolve complex engineering problems. Individual is also expected to have experience in
Implementing Conveyor and Tooling systems and providing project management direction.
- Coordinate activities of a large group of engineers & support resources.
- Manage multiple projects.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering & Product Engineering to ensure manufacturing & assembly requirements are met.
- Assist in Managing process engineering, OEM suppliers engineering & fabrication, and field installation Contracts.
- Assist in preparing engineering estimates and performance specifications for obtaining process engineering service contracts.
- Assist in preparing engineering estimates for fabrication & installation of conveyor, tooling & material handling systems.
- Prepare and review project milestone schedules for equipment fabrication & installation.
- Provide filed engineering support throughout equipment installation, start-up, de-bug and acceleration phases.
- Travel to fabrication & integration shops and plant sites as required to ensure fabrication & installation requirements are met.
- Provide technical support for installation & start-up of conveyor and tooling systems.
- Provide technical support for training plant personnel.
- Monitor project progress to schedule & develop strategies to meet targets & provide management reports.
- Review shop drawings to ensure compliance with technical specifications and maintainability & quality objectives.
- Coordinate field changes & prepare appropriate documentation
- Attend contractor & Plant meetings as required to maintain project coordination.
- Knowledge AutoCAD detailing of conveyor equipment and conveyor FactoryCad layouts development.
- Develop scope of engineering services to provide design for structural, civil, electrical and mechanical elements as required to support installation of tools and equipment.
- Provide guidance to less experienced engineers.
- Assist scope of engineering services to provide design for structural, civil, electrical and mechanical elements as required to support installation of tools and equipment.
- Monitor contractor to compliance to GM safety standards. Includes attendance to contractor tool box talks.
- Develop, attend and present monthly project review updates.
- Maintain overall project checkbook.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience in the design, fabrication, & installation of conveyor systems.
- Experience in coordinating design & construction activities preferably in automotive assembly Plants.
- Experience in Conveyor technical specifications.
- Experience with several types of conveyor systems & technologies.
- Experience working with Construction Managers.
- Knowledge of construction safety standards.
- High level of written & oral communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills & ability to work with all levels of GM and contractor staffs.
- High level of analytical ability to resolve difficult problems.
- High level of administrative skills.
- Capable of independent judgment
- Knowledge of tooling and equipment i.e. Fluid fill, Glass cell, DVT, Articulating Arms, Plant floor systems
- Strong knowledge of AutoCAD and FactoryCad.
- Microsoft Office
- Other: Contract Manager preferred
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering. (Preferred, not required)
- Strong Mechanical Conveyor background required.
Experience (Preferred not required):
- Five (5) years’ experience in Conveyor Mechanical Engineering
- Three (3) years’ experience in Automotive
- Two (2) years’ experience with General Motors’ projects
GM Training Requirements:
Site Safety Orientation, Site specific training (as required), GM1638 – GM T&C, PMP, CCP, CSP, M.U.S.T., Contract Manager
Willing to work night or split shift
To apply for this job please visit dsidsc.applicantpro.com.