Design Systems, Inc.
Farmington Hills, MI
- Collect part and process related data.
- Develop material presentation layouts to optimize space and labor requirements.
- Develop material kits with plant IE’s, production and production control team.
- Develop material storage area layout.
- Follow up and get buy-off on concepts, layouts.
- Develop facilities requirements.
- Oversee implementation and provide plant support.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 0 – 3 years of Industrial, Manufacturing or Logistics engineering experience.
- Knowledgeable in Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Knowledgeable in assembly process, lean material flow and warehousing operation.
- Travel – Detroit Metro Area.
- Knowledge of part packaging is a plus.
- Automotive experience is a plus.
- Understanding that the Launch Environment is dynamic and sometimes chaotic and therefore Plans of Record are subject to change at any time.
- For station changes during production and not down time the Lead will work with production members and their team leaders to make sure that the installations or changes are understood and accepted prior to, during and after the changes are made.
- Experience in team-based environment
- Excellent oral presentation skills
- Must be a team player, pro-active and be able to perform under limited supervision.
- Advanced AutoCAD
- Advanced Excel
- Microsoft Access knowledge is preferred
- Ability to Travel
- Valid Driver’s License
- Personal Credit Card
To apply for this job please visit dsidsc.applicantpro.com.