Design Systems, Inc.
- Develop layouts for the kitting/sequencing areas.
- Work with the plant IEs, tech center IEs and Material Handling engineers, IT (for pick lights, scanners & tablets), team leaders and contractors.
- Support the updating of a PFEP (Plan For Every Part) and other data documents.
- Develop kitting areas layouts based on part information and usage from the PFEP. (Plan For Every Part)
- Possible involvement/input in the design of kitting carts.
- Develop execution drawings and WITS (Workstation Installation Tracking Sheet).
- Verify the installed items match the layouts, if not – update drawings to as-built state.
- Perform field checks for interferences and check original drawing accuracy.
Drawings Typically Include:
- Material (container size, part number, qty., usage, etc.)
- Material presentation (dolly, flow rack, riser, lift/tilt table)
- Material stops (angle iron on floor to keep material from being pushed into the kitting cell)
- Material signs (conduit for hanging it from)
- High bay racks
- Utilities requirements (Ethernet, device net, power, air, FRL)
- Scanner, HMI, printer, pick light (location)
- Cable trays
- Sub assembly tables (location)
- AGC paths
- Operator workstations (table, trash, etc.)
- Empty container/dunnage (location)
- Lift assists
- Operator Fans (in some cases)
Skills and Experience Required:
- Previous Industrial/Manufacturing/Material Layout engineering experience.
- Knowledgeable in Material Strategy/Kitting principles.
- Must know AutoCAD and FactoryCad.
- Automotive experience required.
- Must be a team player, pro-active and be able to perform under limited supervision.
- Microsoft Office
- Other: FactoryCad
Minimum Education Required:
- Ability to Travel
- Valid Passport
- Valid Driver’s License
- Personal Credit Card
To apply for this job please visit dsidsc.applicantpro.com.