Design Systems, Inc.
Farmington Hills, MI
This position will be responsible for engineering, sizing, and designing various piping and HVAC systems, including, compressed air, water, paint, coolant, sludge, etc..
- Assist in managing process engineering, OEM suppliers engineering & fabrication, and field installation contracts
- Assist in preparing engineering estimates and performance specifications for obtaining process engineering service contracts
- Help review project milestone schedules for equipment fabrication & installation
- Travel to fabrication & integration shops and plant sites as required to ensure fabrication & installation requirements are met
- Provide technical support for installation & start-up of piping and HVAC systems
- Help monitor project progress to schedule & develop strategies to meet targets & provide management reports
- Review shop drawings to ensure compliance with technical specifications and maintainability & quality objectives
- Help coordinate field changes & prepare appropriate documentation
- Attend and chair engineering and coordination meetings as required to maintain project coordination
- Sizing and designing of piping and HVAC systems including pumps, valves, hangers, dampers, gauges, etc. to provide a full system design.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 3 year’s mechanical systems engineering experience
- This position requires construction / installation support experience as well as design experience
- Familiarity with automotive paint shops, body shop, and Powertrain systems preferred.
- Ability to properly design and size various piping systems and HVAC systems required.
- Paint or sealer circulation systems experience a plus.
- Manufacturing / factory experience preferred.
- Ability to travel out of town for 6-12 months a plus
- Microsoft Office
- Ability to Travel
- Valid Driver’s License
- Personal Credit Card
To apply for this job please visit dsidsc.applicantpro.com.