Design Systems, Inc.
Spring Hill, TN
- Interact during design phase to assure GM standards are followed and the best solution for the lifecycle is achieved.
- Ensure that components meet GM requirements or suggest alternative parts for various use cases (Electrical, Mechanical and Mechatronics).
- Verify line builder documentation, ensure that these meet GM requirements and specifications (CAE and CAD).
- Participate in new production line and equipment buy-off processes, ensuring that components and documentation are according to the GM standard and specifications.
- Develop, plan, and implement new Non-Production Material (NPM) related processes and projects, ensure that these meet the GM standard processes.
- Develop a maintenance program for the paint shop, defining concepts, strategy, and processes.
- Develop planning standards, methods, and procedures to maintain robust PM, TPM processes as well as containment and countermeasures for equipment downtime.
- PLC experience such as Siemens, Allen Bradley, etc.
- Robot experience such as Kuka, ABB, etc.
- Hands on experience pneumatic, electric, hydraulic electrical and computer-controlled systems.
- Hands on experience with process devices such as: motor drives, sensors, AC/DC converters, lifts, conveyors, etc.
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods/procedures and process technology
- Ability to present complex technical information related to achieving the goals of the department.
- Able to anticipate needs and deliver timely, relevant solutions and actions.
- Proven design & implementation of Continuous improvement themes
- Experience in process layout and optimization incorporating asset utilization.
- Ability to troubleshoot, instruct repair techniques, & assist if needed for root cause analysis in stressful situations.
- Ability to read and create blueprints and schematics.
- Solid understanding of GM standard and spare part processes. (Preferred)
- Mechanical and electrical production line (OEM) and equipment knowledge
- Extensive experience in new production line ramp-up support (procedure, buy-offs, etc.)
- Project Management skills with the ability to analyze best strategies, independent working ability (minimum supervision)
- Ability to actively interface with other GM automotive plants
- Innovative mind with the objective of continuous improvement
- Implement maintenance IT systems.
- Collaborate with other departments in preparing scope of work including project requirements, milestones, deliverables, end products, documents and reports that are expected to be provided by external providers.
- Plan and coordinate problem solving with contractors, vendors, or suppliers to increase reliability of production lines and equipment.
- Develop best practices to improve equipment capacity, quality, and reliability.
- Develop operational strategies to achieve energy and financial objectives.
- Develop and define operational KPI set (as equipment uptime, MTTR, MTBF, OEE, etc.) for the maintenance.
- Ensure equipment uptime, MTTR, MTBF and OEE by relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Investigate complex problems, analyze root causes, and derive resolutions.
- Responsible for coordinating activities (PMs, TPM, Technical Cleaning, problem solving) of third-party contractors, vendors, or suppliers related to the maintenance field.
- Stay up to date with product specifications, engineering technology and production processes.
- Train and support less experienced engineers and team members
- Participate in budget preparation and monitor expenses and profitability.
- Participate in regularly scheduled team meetings.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum five (5) years’ relevant experience specifying, commissioning or operating paint shop equipment and systems.
- Fundamental understanding of the paint process (phosphate, elpo, sealing, prime and topcoat).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or with others as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively with people at all educational and experience levels.
- Demonstrated organization, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work effectively in a manufacturing plant environment.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Project management experience with emphasis on projects that are large in scope and involve the installation of paint automation.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated elevated level of analytical ability and creativity.
- Demonstrated elevated level of interpersonal skills.
- Elevated level of oral and written communication skills.
- Elevated level of Computer Skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Engineering degree or equivalent plant/paint experience.
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Project (not required, but preferred)
To apply for this job please visit dsidsc.applicantpro.com.