Design Systems, Inc.
Paint Resident Engineer. Paint finishing systems shall include but are not limited to; Washers Dryers Phosphate E-coat Prime spray booth Prime Ovens Color spray booths Clear coat spray booths Ovens VOC abatement Process Decks – Sludge systems Air Supply Units Paint Kitchen Paint Circulation systems.
1. Responsibilities Include:
- Develop project concepts.
- Identify long lead items for purchase such as equipment, facilities etc.
- Assist in Purchase of Machinery and Equipment (M&E) for the Paint Shop.
- Develop bid specifications, scope of work and project schedules.
- Utilize the GM purchasing Bid & Award process to source purchase orders.
- Conduct technical bid reviews.
- Write and submit Shopping Carts (a.k.a. Purchase Requisitions) in SAP.
- Submit Shopping Carts (SC) for field orders and bulletins.
- Integrate Machinery and Equipment (M&E) into the Paint Shop.
- Develop a spending forecast.
- Track and control project spending.
- Input monthly project spending forecast into the database.
- Ensure contractor provides proper documentation of all equipment including maintenance, PM’s and training materials.
- Conduct and document lessons learned for future projects.
- Complete annual color trials for new color introduction.
- Complete paint shop Durability Audits (2X per year)
- Maintain the Asset Sustainment (ACAP) Database for your plant.
- Develop the annual funding request for projects.
- Input NPP projects into the Global Non-Portfolio Project Registration (GPR) for future consideration.
- Facilitate the approval process to acquire the necessary funds.
- Support information request for MPS studies for Portfolio Projects (PP).
- Develop a business case analysis for any asset reuse request.
- Interface with HQ to provide timely information on equipment failures, breakdowns and lost production at your plant.
- Collect data and information to support HQ surveys and studies.
- Support energy conversation initiatives Maintain accurate input into the Paint Process database.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience specifying, commissioning or operating paint shop equipment and systems.
- Fundamental understanding of the paint process (phosphate, elpo, sealing, prime and topcoat).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or with others as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively with people at all educational and experience levels.
- Demonstrated organization, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work effectively in a manufacturing plant environment.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Project management experience with emphasis on projects that are large in scope and involve the installation of paint automation.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated elevated level of analytical ability and creativity.
- Demonstrated elevated level of interpersonal skills
- Elevated level of oral and written communication skills
- Elevated level of Computer Skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Engineering degree or equivalent plant/paint experience
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Project (not required, but preferred)
Minimum Education Required:
- Ability to Travel
- Valid Passport
- Valid Driver’s License
- Personal Credit Card
To apply for this job please visit dsidsc.applicantpro.com.