Design Systems, Inc.
- Functions as lead management representative responsible for the management and coordination of all construction management activities and personnel on site.
- Overall responsibility for implementation of project in compliance with project schedule.
- Manages all aspects of Construction Management Services.
- Prepare project procedures manual and enforce compliance.
- Review contractor payment requests, change requests, etc.
- Prepare reports and make recommendations to General Motors team members concerning construction, scheduling and safety items
- Assist with NMA coordination (If required)
- Support Permit process
- Support Certificate of occupancy process
- Development of Lessons learned documentation
- Assure compliance with ISO and other audit requirements
Skills and Experience Required:
- Preferred – Degree in Engineering or Construction Management
- Ten (10) years’ experience in the management of construction and engineering to support construction in a heavy industrial environment, with Five (5) years’ experience as a Project Manager.
- Five (5) years’ experience with General Motors’ projects – (Preferred not required)
GM Training Requirements:
Site Safety Orientation, Site specific training (as required), GM1638 – GM T&C, Contract Manager, M.U.S.T.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, Strong team leadership abilities
- Ability to Travel
- Valid Driver’s License
- Personal Credit Card
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Project
- Other: Contract Manager preferred
To apply for this job please visit dsidsc.applicantpro.com.