Design Systems, Inc.
Farmington Hills, MI
- Program Management from concept to commission
- Overall responsibility for implementation of project in compliance with project schedule
- Manages all aspects of Program Management Services
- Establish and facilitate project coordination meetings
- Review contractor payment requests, change requests, etc.
- Available to travel to site as required, either local or North America (Including Mexico)
Detailed Position Duties:
- Review design drawings (layouts, sections, details, bills of materials, general notes, legends & symbols). Create detailed scopes of work, technical specifications, calculations and construction cost estimates for mechanical piping and ventilation systems associated with Paint Finishing process equipment.
- Mechanical piping shall include but not be limited to: Sludge, coolant, chilled water, potable water, non-potable water, motor oil, transmission fluid, industrial waste, and compressed air.
- Paint finishing systems shall include but not limited to Washers Dryers Phosphate E-coat Prime spray booth Prime Ovens Color spray booths Clear coat spray booths Ovens VOC abatement Sludge systems Air Supply Units Paint Kitchen Paint Circulation.
- Ventilation systems shall include but not be limited to: Mist collection, dust collection, washer exhaust, plasma treat exhaust, and room temperature vulcanization (RTV) exhaust.
- Responsibilities shall also include but not be limited to: Communication and coordination with project team members.
- Collection, organization, and distribution of information from customers, OEM’s, and project team members.
- Participate in design review meetings, pre-bid meetings, bid clarification meetings, pre-construction meetings, and construction status and planning meetings.
- Review and respond to contractor document clarification requests (DCR’s) and submittals including shop drawings, and bills of materials.
- Review contractor installation schedule and monitor/report progress.
- Review contractor installations and ensure compliance with contract documents.
- Develop and track installation punch lists.
- Monitor contractor daily markup of working drawings to reflect as-built conditions.
- Resolve design and installation issues.
- Assist in the preparation, review, and approval of bulletins and field orders.
- Be a mentor and technical resource to other DSI project engineers, designers, and detailers.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Ten (10) to Fifteen (15) years’ experience in the management of construction and engineering to support construction in Automotive Paint Shop with Five (5) years’ experience as a Program Manager.
- Must demonstrate excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Work in plant coordinating with plant engineers and contractors as an Owner representative
- Knowledge of conveyors, tooling & paint process equipment
- Must be self-motivated, with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Prefer a Mechanical Engineer (BSME) that has piping and ventilation design experience with Paint Finishing process equipment installation projects.
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Project
- Ability to Travel
- Valid Passport
- Valid Driver’s License
To apply for this job please visit dsidsc.applicantpro.com.