Design Systems, Inc.
- In accordance with the customer’s Project Management Process (PMP), assist the Project Manager to manage the delivery, receipt, installation, and power-on acceptance of eMotor (Stator Module) assembly equipment. Stator Module assembly equipment shall be shipped from overseas and installed in an existing facility.
- Oversee all aspects of the eMotor (Stator Module) assembly equipment installation including but not limited to:
- Document Control: Ensure that the contractor is working with current contract documents, equipment installation layouts, OEM equipment installation drawings, etc. and maintaining comprehensive project records.
- Project Meetings: Participate in pre-construction meetings, construction status and planning meetings, and other project meetings as required.
- Logistics: Monitor the contractor’s logistics (equipment delivery and receipt) efforts.
- Installation: Oversee contractor activities, ensure contractor compliance with contract documents (scope of work, design drawings, specifications, schedule, etc.), monitor and report on progress, answer RFI’s / DCR’s, expedite resolution of action items (open issues), ensure daily contractor markup of working drawings to reflect as built, develop and monitor punch lists, etc.
- Schedule: Review the contractor’s engineering and installation schedules, 3-week lookaheads, schedule recovery plans, etc. Provide feedback and work toward on time completion.
- Safety: Monitor contractor safety compliance.
- Financial: Review and report installation progress to the Project Manager relative to the contractor’s monthly invoices. Support the Project Manager in the development of bulletins and field orders.
- Acceptance: Participate in equipment power-on / acceptance processes.
- Contract Closeout: Confirm the accuracy of the contractor’s as built documentation. Collect and submit contractor as built documentation to the Project Manager.
- Interface with project Stakeholders including, customer’s personnel, customer’s equipment installation engineering company personnel, Stator Module assembly equipment installation contractor personnel, site development/facility renovation personnel, etc.).
- Work schedule: 8-hours per day, first-shift, Monday-Friday at a minimum. Additional days, overtime, weekend, and holiday work if/as required.
- Must be willing to work night or split shift if required.
- Maintain communications with Design Systems, Inc. management personnel in Farmington Hills, Michigan
Skills and Experience Required:
- Degree in Construction Management or Engineering desired
- Ten (10) years of experience in Construction Management
- Four (4) years of experience in Automotive desired
- Two (2) years of experience with General Motors’ projects desired
- Strong mechanical (process piping & ventilation) / electrical (480-volt power, 120-volt power, Ethernet communication, task lighting) background
Site safety orientation, site specific training (as required), GM Construction General Terms & Conditions, GM Project Management Process, GM Change Control Process, GM Safety Contract Management Process, Autodesk Construction Cloud (ACC).
High level of teamwork, time management, organization, interpersonal, computer, and written and oral communication skills.
To apply for this job please visit dsidsc.applicantpro.com.