Design Systems, Inc.
- Manage major and/or multiple minor engineering projects.
- Main point of contact for customers.
- Maintain communications with customers throughout, and following, project lifecycle.
- Develop and manage project plans, consistent with established budgets, throughout project lifecycles.
- Confirm and communicate project scopes of work, deliverables, and schedules to project teams.
- Schedule, organize, and lead project kick-off, project coordination, and design review meetings.
- Visit project sites and lead the effort to; confirm / document as-built conditions as required to complete projects, and to validate engineering / designs.
- Manage the development of bid packages, issued for construction drawings, and as-built drawings.
- Ensure project deliverables comply with applicable standards and codes.
- Ensure project deliverables are checked and consistent with quality expectations.
- Support construction management teams when required.
- Review installations to confirm compliance with design intent / contract documents.
- Establish and manage subcontracts for outside services if/when required.
- Review project invoices prior to submittal to customers.
- Assist with sales efforts and proposal development.
- Travel to customer locations in and beyond North America.
- Support ongoing development of standards and improvement efforts.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to project team members.
- Review and comply with Design Systems, Inc. project management standards, company policies, and reporting requirements.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experienced engineering project manager.
- High level of leadership, time management, organization, interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working with customers, construction managers, and contractors.
- High level of analytical ability to resolve problems.
- Ability to assess, track, and mitigate project risks.
- Extensive experience in the design, fabrication, installation, cleaning, and acceptance testing of piping and ventilation systems, preferably in automotive manufacturing facilities. Examples: Coolant, transmission fluid, wash fluid, motor oil, chilled water, potable water, non-potable water, deionized water, reverse osmosis water, industrial waste, compressed air, natural gas, helium, mist collection, dust collection, washer exhaust, heat-treat exhaust, RTV exhaust.
- Extensive experience with automotive powertrain process and support equipment removal, retool, and installation projects (preferred).
- Experience in construction codes and technical specifications.
- Knowledge of safety standards associated with manufacturing and construction.
- Project budget and schedule planning and tracking.
- Experience in writing project bid specifications.
- Experience in project cost estimating.
- Degree or equivalent experience: No degree with minimum 15 years of relevant experience, or, associate degree with minimum 9 years of relevant experience, or, bachelor’s degree with minimum 8 years of relevant experience.
- High proficiency in AutoCAD, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, & Adobe.
- Proficiency in Revit, Navisworks, MS Project, WebEx, GoToMeeting, & Skype (preferred).
- Navisworks (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Project (Preferred)
- Skype (Preferred)
Minimum Education Required:
- Other Degree (Or equivalent experience)
- Preferred: Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management.
- Preferred: PMP Certification.
- Ability to Travel
- Valid Passport
- Valid Driver’s License
- Personal Credit Card
To apply for this job please visit dsidsc.applicantpro.com.