Design Systems, Inc.
- In accordance with the customer Bid & Award Process (B & AP), assist the customer’s Project Manager to bid and award contracts to receive and install automotive lithium-ion battery cell manufacturing equipment.
- In accordance with the customer’s Project Management Process (PMP), assist the customer’s Project Manager to manage the delivery, receipt, installation, and power-on acceptance of battery cell manufacturing equipment on a 2-shift schedule. Battery cell manufacturing equipment shall be shipped from overseas and installed in a new 2.8 million square foot facility currently under construction.
- Manage a full-time Construction Professional Services (CPS) team of at least seven (7) people on site. Develop procedures to promote efficient CPS teamwork.
- Manage all aspects of CPS associated with battery cell manufacturing equipment installation contracts including but not limited to;
- Bid & Award.
- Document Control: Ensure that contractors are working with current contract documents, contractor submittals, contractor requests for information (RFI’s), and/or document clarification requests (DCR’s), project records, etc.
- Project Meetings: Pre-bid meetings, bid clarification meetings, pre-construction meetings, construction status and planning meetings, etc.
- Logistics/Shipping: Delivery and receipt of equipment.
- Installation: Oversee equipment installation contractor activities, ensure compliance with contact documents, monitor and report on progress.
- Schedule: Review of contractor installation schedules, 3-week lookaheads, schedule recovery plans, etc.
- Safety: Review of contractor job-site safety plans, orientations, pre-task plans, etc.
- Financial: Review of contractor’s schedule of values, monthly invoices, waivers, change requests, bulletins, and field orders.
- Acceptance: Equipment power-on / acceptance processes.
- Contract Closeout: Collection and submittal of as-built / as-installed documentation.
- Interface with Stakeholders at the project site including, customer’s personnel, battery cell manufacturing equipment installation contractor personnel, site development/facility construction personnel, etc.).
- Travel to Warren, Michigan one-week every two-months to work with project personnel at the customer’s Global Technical Center. The first week of the assignment will be spent in Warren, MI (not Warren, OH).
- Work schedule: 40 to 50 hours per week Monday-Friday is anticipated. Initial work schedule may be (4) ten-hour days. Additional days, overtime, weekend, and holiday work as required.
- Must be willing to work split shift if required.
- Maintain communications with Design Systems, Inc. management personnel in Farmington Hills, Michigan.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Degree in Construction Management or Engineering desired
- Ten (10) years of experience in Construction Management
- Four (4) years of experience in Automotive desired
- Two (2) years of experience with General Motors’ projects desired
Site safety orientation, site specific training (as required), GM Construction General Terms & Conditions, GM Project Management Process, GM Bid & Award Process, GM Change Control Process, GM Safety Contract Management Process
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project (preferred)
- OneNote (preferred)
- Teams AutoCAD (preferred)
- Other: Internet Other: Email Other: Skype for Business
High level of leadership, time management, organization, interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to Travel
- Valid Passport
- Valid Driver’s License
- Personal Credit Card
To apply for this job please visit dsidsc.applicantpro.com.