Design Systems, Inc.
- Looking for a client focused individual who is passionate about Technical Engineering Sales and Account/Program Management.
- Client base includes; Engineering, Manufacturing, and Process companies. Specific targets include automotive assembly, Tier 1 suppliers, general manufacturing companies, warehouse and distribution, appliance industry, aerospace industry, parcel and package industry.
- Prospect for new business, develop customer contacts and identify opportunities.
- Support and develop consultative relationships with new and existing clients.
- Demonstrated history of meeting and exceeding sales targets.
- Attend trade shows, B2B events, and networking events.
- Provide a progressive marketing influence supporting creation of corporate sales and marketing content with an interactive social media presence.
- Create and distribute weekly sales activity summary.
- Ability to strategically create and execute an effective sales plan for all of Canada, not just Windsor.
- Coordinate sales effort in response to a RFQ (Request for Quote). Organize and collaborate with all appropriate engineering departments, the Sales Manager, and the Service Segment Leaders as needed.
- Gather necessary information to accurately and profitably quote jobs and develop proposals.
- Maintain contact with customers throughout the project life-cycle, attend progress meetings, and provide pre-sales and post-sales support.
- Work with and report to the General Manager of Design Systems Canada, LLC Management.
- Provide technical support and assistance to clients and internal project team(s).
- Provide and manage all aspects of Project Management services to clients from start-up to completion.
- Create and coordinate detailed proposals and estimates.
Skills and Experience:
- Must be self-motivated, with strong, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess excellent organizational skills.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in Technical Engineering Sales.
- Experienced in estimating and proposal development.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong client facing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred but not mandatory) major in technical sales, operations management, industrial engineering or other engineering, science or business areas.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of experience in the management of construction and engineering to support construction in a heavy manufacturing environment, with three (3) to five (5) years of experience as a Program Manager.
- Must demonstrate excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Work in plant coordinating with plant engineers and contractors as an Owner representative.
- Knowledge of conveyors, tooling & process equipment.
- Team Player
- Required for sales calls, trade shows, customer interface, and program management duties throughout Canada, the United States, and Mexico.
- Will be required to attend the corporate executive management meeting in Farmington Hills, Michigan on a bi-weekly basis.
- Minimum -Technical School / Associates degree
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Project
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel
- Personal Credit Card
- Valid Passport
To apply for this job please visit dsidsc.applicantpro.com.