Design Systems, Inc.
- Looking for a client focused individual who is passionate about Technical Engineering Sales and Account/Program Management.
- Client base includes; Engineering, Manufacturing, and Process companies. Specific targets include automotive assembly, Tier 1 suppliers, general manufacturing companies, warehouse and distribution, appliance industry, aerospace industry, parcel and package industry.
- Prospect for new business, develop customer contacts and identify opportunities.
- Support and develop consultative relationships with new and existing clients.
- Demonstrated history of meeting and exceeding sales targets.
- Create and Attend trade shows, B2B events, and networking events.
- Provide a progressive marketing influence supporting creation of corporate sales and marketing content with an interactive social media presence.
- Create and distribute weekly sales activity summary.
- Ability to strategically create and execute an effective sales plan for all of Canada, not just Windsor.
- Receive and Coordinate sales efforts in response to RFQ’s.
- Organize and collaborate with all appropriate engineering departments, the General Manager, Sales Manager, and the Service Segment Leaders as needed.
- Gather necessary information to accurately and profitably quote jobs and develop proposals.
- Maintain contact with customers throughout the project life-cycle, attend progress meetings, and provide pre-sales and post-sales support.
- Work with and report to the Management of Design Systems Canada.
- Research industry trends and develop strategies to expand and/ or nurture services.
- Provide technical support and assistance to clients and internal project team(s).
- Provide and manage all aspects of Project Management services to clients from start-up to completion.
- Create and coordinate detailed proposals and estimates.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Must be self-motivated, with strong, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess excellent organizational skills.
- Five (5) to Ten (10) years of experience in Technical Engineering Sales.
- Experienced in estimating and proposal development.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong client facing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred but not mandatory) major in technical sales, operations management, industrial engineering or other engineering, science or business areas.
- Must demonstrate excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Work in plant coordinating with plant engineers and contractors as an Owner representative.
- Knowledge of conveyors, tooling & process equipment.
- Team Player
- Required for sales calls, trade shows, customer interface, and program management duties throughout Canada, the United States, and Mexico.
- Will be required to attend the corporate executive management meeting in Farmington Hills, Michigan on a bi-weekly basis.
- Microsoft Office
Minimum Education Required:
- High School
- Technical School
- Ability to Travel
- Valid Passport
- Valid Driver’s License
- Personal Credit Card
To apply for this job please visit dsidsc.applicantpro.com.