Design Systems, Inc.
The Virtual Assembly Specialist will work as part of a team dedicated to create and review various styles of simulations to support plant process visualization, issue identification, and workstation optimization. These simulations are created and maintained through Siemens Process Simulate (PS) software integrated with Teamcenter.
This position will require good understanding of Automotive Assembly Process and strong Process Simulate and Teamcenter skills. Virtual Assembly Specialist would be responsible for the following activities:
- Coordination of simulation deliverables, tracking files, and glide paths following the Virtual Assembly Standards.
- Technical support and prioritization of simulation requests by work place integration (WPI) team.
- Support coordination of Virtual Reality reviews in Digital Simulation Lab.
- Generate Static Human Posture Simulations to identify potential ergonomic/process issues for critical assemblies. Create OnePager posture reports and review with the plant team.
- Perform Part FlyIn Simulation for each Station components/assemblies in Process Simulate for Trim, Chassis and Final Lines. Coordinate with manufacturing bill of material (MBOM) Engineer and Industrial Engineer to make updates to match the simulation to the latest MBOM and Scroll.
- Perform Human Quick Walk simulations for critical/prioritized stations using Process Simulate to validate station cycle times, optimize the workstations to reduce operator walk and non-value added activities (NVAA). Simulations will incorporate moving line (Vehicle Moving) with process times from Industrial Engineering to better predict operator walk distances.
- Perform Detailed Moving Line Simulations which requires assigning kinematics to process tools, and generating postures for each work element provided in man assignment to accurately simulate the station and visually present assembly process.
- Coordination with the building information modeling (BIM) team to obtain and load the latest 3D layout for the station
- Create resources, tools, equipment item in Teamcenter to be consumed in Process Simulate Simulations.
- Release and revise Simulation Process in Teamcenter.
- Identify and document major process, tooling, and layout issues early in launch process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or relevant field/work experience.
- Strong skills with Siemens Process Simulate (PS) and Teamcenter Manufacturing.
- Proficient in MS Office/Google suite applications; strong skills in Computer Aided Design (CAD).
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Project
- AutoCAD (general knowledge)
Minimum Education Requirement
- Ability to Travel
- Valid Driver’s License
- Personal Credit Card
To apply for this job please visit dsidsc.applicantpro.com.