Manufacturing Flow (Logistics) Engineer
The information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the associate. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required for the job.
- Collect part and process related data.
- Develop material presentation layouts to optimize space and labor requirements.
- Develop material kits with plant IE’s, production and production control team.
- Develop material storage area layout.
- Follow up and get buy-off on concepts, layouts.
- Develop facilities requirements.
- Oversee implementation and provide plant support.
- Must have 5 or more years of Industrial/Manufacturing engineering experience.
- Knowledgeable in Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Knowledgeable in assembly process, lean material flow and warehousing operation.
- Must know AutoCAD; Microsoft Access knowledge is preferred.
- Willing to travel on average of 75%.
- Knowledge of part packaging is a plus.
- Automotive experience is a plus.
- Must be a team player, pro-active and be able to perform under limited supervision.
EDUCATION AND / OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors Degree required. Equivalent experience will be taken into consideration.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organized (multi-tasking)