Parcel and Package Handling
The DSI Advantage
Design Systems, Inc. is a client-focused professional services firm providing Engineering and Consulting services to parcel and package clients across North America. Highly experienced with a diverse engineering skill set, Design Systems, Inc. supports clients with process design and professional Project Management services from concept through commissioning. Our goal is to be an extension of our customer’s engineering team and support the execution of their projects. Our team provides engineering support to help our customer ensure on-schedule start-ups, reduce project costs, and work with contractors to improve First Time Right (FTR) engineering and installation practices.
- Material handling installation management / project management
- Vendor approval review
- Punch list support – mechanical, electrical, and facilities
- Concept design
- Bid package support
- Launch support
- 3D Scanning
- 2D / 3D modeling – site plan detailed drawings and as-builts
- Specification development
- Throughput studies and improvement
- Maintenance planning
- Safety reviews, standard development and designs
Boots On The Ground Support
Design Systems, Inc. has been an extension of the FedEx engineering team for close to a decade providing on-site commissioning support. With locations in USA, Mexico and Canada, we can support all North American FedEx locations as a full-service engineering partner.
FedEx Express Support
FedEx Indianapolis Hub Expansion
DSI currently is supporting this project under the Program Administrator. This on-site team is responsible for managing all material handling installation activities including adherence to specifications, drawing reviews, schedule, contractor coordination, testing, commissioning and buyoff.
FedEx Ontario, CA Facility
In addition, DSI supported the Ontario, CA project again under the Program Administrator. The DSI team supported by managing all material handling installation activities.
FedEx Ground Support
Material Handling Punch Listing
Electrical and mechanical inspections against FedEx specifications, OSHA/NEC requirements, and local codes.
Throughput reporting and system debug.
Bid Package Support
Concept layout design for greenfield and brownfield facilities and written scope or work and specifications.
Approvals and As-built Drawing Support
Review vendor submittals against customer specifications for design buyoff.
DSI has supported 350+ projects on-site in the USA and Canada over 8+ years.
- Captures your facility, building, and equipment to bring it to your desktop using laser scanning.
- Processing data to meet your project needs for internal use and for distribution to your vendors.
- Provides accurate engineering and coordination of data.
- Reduce project schedule duration by decreasing on-site time, identifying interferences early, and improved communication between all stakeholders.