The information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the associate. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required for the job.
Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects under sometimes tight deadlines. Oversees all aspects of projects. sets deadlines, takes accountability / responsibility, and monitors and summarizes progress of project to client. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Project Management from start-up to completion.
- Implementation of LEAN manufacturing and cost analysis.
- Establish and facilitate project coordination meetings.
- Collect part and process related data in a timely manner.
- Develop material presentation layouts to optimize space and labor requirements.
- Develop material kits with plant IE’s, production and production control team.
- Develop material storage area layout.
- Follow up and get buy-off on concepts, layouts.
- Develop facilities requirements.
- Oversee implementation and provide plant support as required.
- Lead and facilitate supplier discussions to support production and customer schedules
EDUCATION AND / OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors of Science (I.E.) or equivalent from 4-year college or university; or 8 years related experience and / or training.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- PMI / PMP, APICS Education and / or Certification preferred.
- All extra-curricular activities directed to related business field are encouraged for personal growth and development.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have 5+ years of Industrial / Manufacturing engineering experience.
- Industrial material handling procedures / systems knowledge.
- LEAN manufacturing process.
- Must demonstrate excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledgeable in assembly process, and lean material flow
- Ability & Willingness to Travel up to 75%
- Valid Passport
- Valid Driver’s License
- US Citizenship (DOD requirement)
- Personal Credit Card
Microsoft Office, MS Project, MS Excel, AutoCAD (general knowledge)