Design Systems, Inc.
- In accordance with the customer’s Project Management Process (PMP), assist the Project Manager to manage the delivery, receipt, installation, and power-on acceptance of eMotor (Stator Module) assembly process and support equipment. Stator Module assembly equipment shall be shipped from overseas and installed in an existing facility.
- Function as the focal point for all field coordination including but not limited to:
- Document Control: Ensure that the contractor(s) is working with current contract documents, installation layouts, OEM installation drawings, etc. and maintaining comprehensive project records via Autodesk Construction Cloud. Collect, analyze, and file contractor daily reports.
- Project Meetings: Participate in pre-construction meetings, construction status and planning meetings, and other project meetings as required.
- Logistics: Monitor the contractor’s logistics (equipment delivery and receipt) efforts. Control site logistics – site access and laydown areas.
- Installation: Oversee contractor activities, monitor contractor quality assurance. Ensure compliance with contract documents (scope of work, design drawings, specifications, schedule, etc.), answer RFI’s / DCR’s, expedite resolution of action items (open issues), ensure daily contractor markup of working drawings to reflect as built, develop punch lists and drive to completion.
- Schedule: Monitor contractor schedule compliance.
- Safety: Monitor contractor safety compliance. Participate in safety observation tours.
- Financial: Review, assess, and report installation progress to the Project Manager relative to the contractor’s monthly invoices. Support the Project Manager in the development of bulletins and field orders.
- Acceptance: Facilitate functional and safety buyoff.
- Contract Closeout: Confirm the accuracy of the contractor’s as built documentation. Collect and submit contractor as built documentation to the Project Manager.
- Interface with project Stakeholders including, customer’s personnel, customer’s equipment installation engineering company personnel, Stator Module assembly process and support equipment installation contractor personnel, site development/facility renovation personnel, etc.).
- Work schedule: 8-hours per day, first-shift, Monday-Friday at a minimum. Additional overtime, weekend, and holiday work if/as required.
- Must be willing to work night or split shift if required.
- Maintain communications with Design Systems, Inc. management personnel in Farmington Hills, Michigan.
- Position will be located in Lockport, NY.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Degree in Engineering or Construction Management desired
- Ten (10) years of experience in Construction Management
- Three (3) years of experience in Automotive desired
- Two (2) years of experience with General Motors’ projects desired
- Strong Architectural, Mechanical (process piping & ventilation), and Electrical (480-volt power, 120-volt power, Ethernet communication, task lighting) background required
Site safety orientation, site specific training (as required), GM Construction General Terms & Conditions, GM Project Management Process (PMP), GM Change Control Process (CCP), GM Safety Contract Management Process, Autodesk Construction Cloud (ACC).
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project (preferred),
- Teams, Outlook (Email)
- AutoCAD (preferred)
- Autodesk Construction Cloud (preferred)
- Ability to Travel
- Valid Passport
- Valid Driver’s License
- US Citizenship
- Personal Credit Card
To apply for this job please visit dsidsc.applicantpro.com.