Design Systems, Inc.
- In accordance with the customer’s Project Management Process (PMP), assist the customer’s Project Manager to manage the delivery, receipt, installation, and power-on acceptance of eMotor (Stator Module) assembly equipment. Stator Module assembly equipment shall be shipped from overseas and installed in an existing facility.
- Manage a full-time Project Engineer. Develop procedures to promote efficient teamwork.
- Manage all aspects of the eMotor (Stator Module) assembly equipment installation contract(s) including but not limited to:
- Document Control: Ensure that the contractor is working with current contract documents, installation layouts, OEM installation drawings, etc. and maintaining comprehensive project records.
- Project Meetings: Chair / participate in pre-construction meetings, construction status and planning meetings, and other project meetings as required.
- Logistics: Monitor the contractor’s logistics (equipment delivery and receipt) efforts.
- Installation: Oversee contractor activities, ensure compliance with contract documents, monitor and report on progress, answer RFI’s / DCR’s, ensure daily contractor markup of working drawings to reflect as built, develop and monitor punch lists, etc.
- Schedule: Review the contractor’s installation schedules, 3-week lookaheads, schedule recovery plans, etc.
- Safety: Review the contractor’s job-site safety plans, orientations, pre-task plans, etc.
- Financial: Review the contractor’s schedule of values, monthly invoices, waivers, change requests, declining balances, bulletins, and field orders.
- Acceptance: Participate in equipment power-on / acceptance processes.
- Contract Closeout: Collection and submittal of contractor as-built / as-installed documentation.
- Interface with project Stakeholders including, customer’s personnel, customer’s equipment installation engineering company personnel, Stator Module assembly equipment installation contractor personnel, site development/facility renovation personnel, etc.).
- Work schedule: 8-hours per day, first-shift, Monday-Friday at a minimum. Additional days, overtime, weekend, and holiday work if/as required.
- Must be willing to work night or split shift if required.
- Maintain communications with Design Systems, Inc. management personnel in Farmington Hills, MI
Skills and Experience Required:
- Degree in Construction Management or Engineering desired
- Ten (10) years of experience in Construction Management
- Four (4) years of experience in Automotive desired
- Two (2) years of experience with General Motors’ projects desired
Site safety orientation, site specific training (as required), GM Construction General Terms & Conditions, GM Project Management Process, GM Change Control Process, GM Safety Contract Management Process, Autodesk Construction Cloud (ACC).
High level of team leadership, time management, organization, interpersonal, computer, and written and oral communication skills.
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project (preferred),
- Outlook (Email)
- AutoCAD (preferred)
- Autodesk Construction Cloud (Preferred)
To apply for this job please visit dsidsc.applicantpro.com.