- Review the material flow through the facility to support an 8-hour inventory of commodities.
- Define the labor requirement.
- Evaluate the proposed process.
- Size the space for material marshaling and storage.
- Revise the plan of the new facility to improve the material flow, conveying systems, and production of the new product in the new facility.
- Provide a cost estimate of the recommendations
The DSI Difference
- Reviewed the new building with updates on space, structure, docks, utilities and compliance to fire codes
- Determined the manufacturing and storage areas are too small for the proposed layout and modifications to the building are suggested
- Requirement of 89 operators for the proposed process compared to the planned 87 operators
- Requirement of approximately 60,000 sq. ft. is needed for storage of all processes compared to the planned 30,000 sq. ft. estimate
- Provided areas of concern and recommendations to the current layout plan
- Manufacturing & Industrial
- Motor Vehicles