The team at DSI Analyzed current layouts and designed warehouse material storage for increased capacity and efficiency. These solutions implemented implementing Best in Class material flow and lean processes, primarily targeting putaway and outbound shipping. The team also saw areas for improvement for a Warehouse Management System (WMS) and recommended the right one for our client.
These solutions resulted in the following outcomes:
- 100% implementation of recommendations by client
- Automation / conveyors decreasing material handling headcount, reducing travel time and improving safety
- Implementation of layout design improving material flow and reducing complexity in warehouse processes while incorporating 15% year over year growth rate over 5 years
- 60% reduction in man-hours required to complete tasks by deploying systematic locations
- Outbound shipping transformation via WMS configuration.
The Design Systems difference can be portrayed by our understanding of our client’s unique needs. DSI worked closely with management to arrive at actionable solutions that made sense for their goals. These solutions helped to improve the clients original goal of increasing throughput on their warehousing operations – but also yielded other benefits to improve operations.
- Warehousing & Distribution
- Supply Chain
- Motor Vehicles