- Gather and analyze patient, resource and facilities information.
- Determine congested areas of the facility using Proplanner’s Flow Planner Software.
- Conduct a labor analysis to determine nurse and technician utilization.
- Provide 2D and 3D drawings of the current and future layouts of nurse station.
- Develop recommendations for future improvements based on findings.
The DSI Difference
- 3 different layout proposals to reduce non=value added walk time (reduction of up to 4.75 hours per day)
- Increase the average number of admitted patients by 2 per day when service hours increase from 20 to 24 hours
- Recommended additional manpower to reduce utilization of physicians and nurses by 13% and 5% respectively while increasing service hours of the Emergency Department to 24 hours
- Redesigned nurses station to allow for improved flow in congested areas
- Provided recommendations that could yield revenue opportunities of approximately $1.3 million for the Emergency Department and an additional $6.5 million for the Hospital
- Warehousing & Distribution
- Supply Chain
- Health Care