- Establish criteria for BPI analysis
- Gather data and observe current state material handling techniques
- Identify areas of improvement with different analyses and studies
- Determine impact by providing savings in cost, time, and degree of success (Low, Medium, and High)
The DSI Difference
- Developed 15 recommendations to improve material handling techniques using the BPI analysis.
- Estimated $2.2 million annual savings if recommendations are implemented.
- Measured a savings of 60,750 labor hours per year with material handling changes.
- Recommended 7 general improvements that contribute to optimizing material handling
- Warehousing & Distribution
- Parcel Handling