At Design Systems, Inc., our team of over 300 highly knowledgeable, experienced, and dedicated industrial engineering professionals are relentlessly committed to providing you with custom solutions for all your manufacturing needs. As such, we’re proud to offer augmented reality services.
If you’re unfamiliar with augmented reality manufacturing and virtual reality manufacturing, these revolutionary technologies can significantly improve not only your enterprise’s productivity but also its efficiency and safety.
Augmented reality manufacturing works on the principle that your employees can more easily and effectively design, manufacture, and monitor your products when they can have a real-world view of them. AR gives them that ability by immersing them in digital data from technical documents and other sources that stream directly to them by means of a tablet, a mobile device like a smartphone, or even their own personal headset.
What Can Augmented Reality Do for Manufacturers?
Imagine being able to streamline your most complex processes and significantly improve employee safety—that’s what augmented reality can do for you.
Augmented reality has revolutionized the manufacturing industry by integrating digital information with the physical environment in real time. It boosts productivity, enhances safety, improves quality controls, and provides immersive training experiences.
- Training: New hires in your workforce can step into virtual simulations and learn how to operate intricate machinery safely and efficiently without risking physical harm.
- Improving Quality Control: AR can be used in combination with 3D imaging to detect product defects before they become a costly problem by seeing the final product in real time.
- 3D Prototypes: By creating 3D prototypes, you can give stakeholders a tangible view of the product before its launch, making it possible to tweak the product before spending money on manufacturing and prototyping.
- Maintenance & Repair: AR’s overlay of digital information can give technicians pivotal insights regarding equipment component details and step-by-step instructions for maintenance tasks.
- Logistics & Warehouse Management: Augmented reality glasses can direct warehouse workers towards necessary items quickly and accurately, enhancing operational efficiency.
- Remote Customer Support: AR can be used to virtually connect customers with experts irrespective of geographical barriers, facilitating the instantaneous sharing of information and leading to quicker problem resolution.
The primary takeaway for manufacturers is that AR can improve operational efficiency early on and help reduce costs in the long term through optimization and efficiency gains.
From Design to Quality Control
Once you implement Design Systems, Inc.’s augmented reality services. prepare to be amazed. Beginning with the very first stage of your manufacturing process, that of design, your AR hardware and software will make it easier for your product development team to come up with new products, improving, enhancing, changing, and streamlining them as they go. Your enterprise will save time and money usually associated with building clay or other models and prototypes.
Should you need to modify or upgrade your production machinery, AR allows your employees to upskill their technologies by using smart machines that save them significant time, increase their productivity and job satisfaction, plus provide them with a safer environment in which to work. Wearable AR devices such as goggles serve a particularly valuable purpose here. When your technicians get the technical information they need directly in their line of sight, their hands are free to continue the work.
Augmented reality manufacturing likewise improves your quality control because it makes it easier for your employees to spot problems before they become major issues. Whether monitoring your products themselves as they go through the manufacturing process on your factory floor or monitoring and troubleshooting the machines that produce them, AR enhances your employees’ ability to detect a faulty part early on so it can be repaired or replaced with a minimum of production interruption.
Custom Solutions For Your Enterprise
Keep in mind that the professionals at Design Systems, Inc. stand ready, willing, and able to help you devise and implement industrial engineering solutions and engineering services, including augmented reality manufacturing, virtual reality manufacturing, drone 3D mapping, 3D laser scanning services, and more, that we customize to your needs, be they for one specific project or an overall upgrade of your current technology.
We have over 40 years of experience in warehousing and distribution markets, as well as in manufacturing and industrial markets. Some of the services we offer include the following:
- Engineering services
- Supply chain services
- Project management services
- Specialty services
- Simulation engineering services
- Manufacturing execution systems implementation
Augmented Reality Services
Our 300+ professionals come from a technically diverse background. Many have degrees in engineering, biochemistry, supply chain management, and other crucial areas and are members of and/or certified by such prestigious professional organizations as Project Management Professionals, the Association for Supply Chain Management, etc.
But whatever their individual backgrounds and professional skill sets, all of them share the same goal: to partner with you and provide you with the best quality, service, and solutions. In other words, we pride ourselves on turning your ideas into reality.
To date, we have completed projects for more than 200 clients in 15 industries located in 48 states and 17 countries. Our project capabilities range from those costing as little as $1,000 to those costing $20 million.
Contact DSI Today!
Headquartered in Farmington Hills, Michigan, with locations in Canada and Mexico, we sell no product line. Therefore, you can be assured that we will be objective and unbiased when recommending and providing data-driven and value-added solutions such as augmented reality manufacturing that will positively impact your bottom line.