- Perform a plant wide storage analysis, dock analysis and factory flow analysis.
- Compare the estimated capacity requirements to the existing storage.
- Optimize the material flow to minimize travel distances and reduce aisle congestion.
- Calculate the additional facility and equipment requirements.
- Develop alternatives of equipment for line-side material display
The DSI Difference
- Determined that an increase of approximately 19,000 sq. ft. of storage space would be required due to the addition of production lines.
- Identified that 1 additional shipping dock is required to support the future production based on dock capacity analysis
- Recommended a decongested material flow strategy to reduce part travel distances up to 93%
- Generated multiple line side display alternatives to accommodate maximum storage in minimum floor space.
- Manufacturing & Industrial
- Supply Chain
- Motor Vehicles