Automotive Assembly Plant Process Development for a New Product
General Motors Corporation
- Develop new assembly processes for Body and General Assembly departments.
- Compare new processes to existing plant operations to define potential impact on facility.
- Determine new requirements for assembly process stations and layout impact.
Plan for a significantly different new product and process to be built in an existing assembly plant.
“Bottom Line” Results
- Developed new product processes and sequence requirements.
- Developed new product workstation, line length and subassembly area requirements.
- Determined layout changes needed to optimize material and process flows.
- Quantified labor requirements for the new process.
- Established budgetary cost estimates to incorporate the new process.