New Assembly Plant Paint Shop Construction and Installation
- Develop a condensed, reliable, executable and controllable installation plan
- Establish advanced project summary and risk reports
- Control costs in a centralized system
- Provide for change control
- Provide for a clear understanding of expectations for all team members
- Provide for forecasting capability
Customer wanted to improve the current system of program management by obtaining better control of the project plan, execution, change control and invoice validation, while maintaining a clear understanding of all team members’ expectations. Design Systems provided the Program Management manpower and systems to achieve the customer’s goals.
“Bottom Line” Results
- Detailed work plan in place four months before installation allowed contractors and partners to schedule shop fabrication, field crews and materials.
- Schedule development used a process that required the installation strategy and plan to be thought out in detail.
- Forecasts, invoices, progress reports, and summaries were available automatically on a regular basis.
- Exception, deviation and change control mechanisms provided complete communications and risk lists for special consideration.
- Project launched on-time and within budget with good results.