3D Design is reality in Design Systems, Inc.
Design Systems, Inc. uses a broad suite of 3-D design software, including, to name a few, CATIA, Unigraphics, Solid Edge, AutoCAD, FactoryCad. Visualization and animation software include: UGS Teamcenter Visualization Quality and 3-D Studio Max.
Facility Layout Development
Design Systems, Inc. applies its 25 years of experience with facility and material handling engineering to the development of comprehensive 3-D plant layouts.
- Native 3-D drawings conversions
- 2-D to 3-D drawings
- Field check to 3-D drawings
- Laser Scanning to 3-D drawings
- 3-D to AVI “Fly throughs” Development of 3-D concept and Bid Package level layouts for facilities and conveyor systems.
- Development of material handling and material display layouts.
- Layout support using “Smart Object”
Work Cells/ Workstations
From the 3-D layout model, any workstation or cell can be isolated allowing:
- Identification and study of the workstation and it’s environment, including carriers, racks, tools, rails, etc.
- Analysis of operator workflow and packaged materials within the work cell.
- Confirmation of work elements required within the workstation.
- Review and analysis of ergonomic issues.
Uses of 3-D Layout Design
- Exceptional presentation tool
- Interference Detection
- Coordination, and validation of tooling design / location
- Quick development of cross-sections
- Validation of service accessibility
- Operator training
- Visual management
- Error Reduction
- Interference Resolution
- Clarity Through Visualization
Cost Reduction By:
- Design Optimization
- Ease of Change Management
- Team Integration and Coordination
- Decision tool for Management